At every independent Landstar agency, there is a Landstar Safety Officer (LSO), who shares Landstar’s commitment to a safety-first culture. LSOs aim to prevent accidents and cargo loss through awareness by:
More than 1000 LSOs help keep Landstar an industry leader in safety.
- Ensuring that every load is dispatched in a safe and compliant manner following
a Complete and Accurate Dispatch checklist
- Attending Landstar Safety meetings and encouraging BCOs to do the same
- Reducing agency accident and cargo claim frequency
- Training and educating other agency staffers
Through the Landstar M.U.S.T. program or Mutual Understanding of Safety Together, Landstar safety representatives and customers can come together to ensure that freight is delivered safely, compliantly, damage-free and on time. This Landstar exclusive program can be customized to:
- Help identify proper ways of securing freight
- Eliminate potential accidents at a loading or unloading facility
- Identify causes of cargo damage
- Keep customers updated on the latest regulatory issues
- Provide safety statistics in evaluating freight carriers
- Include participation in No-Zone and other community safety programs
With the M.U.S.T. program, Landstar and our valued customers can better understand each other’s safety perspectives, raise our safety awareness, and lower accidents and cargo claims.
For more information, please contact: