- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop links provided by Landstar to this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Landstar offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Landstar or any third party including Landstar Affiliates; or
- Any third party including Landstar Affiliates, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
1. Use by Users Outside the United States.
2. Agreement and Your Consent.
3. Scope of Policy.
4. The Information We Collect.
The Site offers business information about Landstar and Landstar Affiliates. The Site is not to be used by individual consumers to purchase consumer products or services. Landstar provides goods and services to businesses in need of shipping and logistics services including facilitating communications and information sharing among Landstar, Landstar Affiliates, brokers, independent sales agents (“Agents”), independent business capacity owners (“BCO(s)”), and third party transportation providers, including but not limited to, any third party motor carrier, drayage provider, transportation intermediary, shipper, consignor, consignee, air carrier, ocean carrier, ground carrier, logistics provider, and/or entity involved in the motor carrier services, property brokering, freight forwarding, non-vessel operating common carrier, air charter, indirect air charter, warehousing, and/or the transportation service industry.
The type of information we collect from users of the Site includes information by which an individual may be identified (“personal information”) such as their first and last name, email address, address, and telephone number. We also collect business information from users, and information by which users cannot be individually identified, such as information about a user’s computer, Internet connection and Site usage.
We collect this information when you directly provide it to us, such as if you request information through the Site, register on the Site, sign up for a service through the Site, provide us with Suggestions through the Site, post User Posted Content to the Site, or if you send us information via email through the Site. We use commercially reasonable means to identify when information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected. When appropriate we may ask you for your affirmative consent to provide us with personal information. However, we do not guarantee that affirmative consent will be requested from each user of the Site. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU, DO NOT PROVIDE IT TO US.
We also collect information automatically as users navigate through the Site, including about a user’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including as follows:
- We record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time the Site is accessed, the places visited on the Site, and the time spent using the Site.
- We receive and record information about a user’s computer and its systems and in our server logs from a user’s browser, including an IP address (the Internet address of a computer), identification of the computer and its systems, the type and version of the web browser, referrer addresses and other server log information.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
We also may, but are not obligated to, monitor your use of the Site.
5. Our Use and Disclosure of this Information.
This Site is for use within the United States, Canada and Mexico. If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, this Site is not intended for your use. We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as set forth above, including your personal information, as follows:
- For any Landstar and/or Landstar Affiliates’ business purpose;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information to us;
- To notify you about changes in the Site, its governing documents, or any products or services we offer through the Site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive sections of the Site;
- To inform you about our and/or Landstar Affiliates’ programs, goods and services and/or those of third parties in which we determine you may be interested;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Site and regarding Landstar’s and Landstar Affiliates’ business;
- For any other purpose to which you consent;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To aggregate user information; and
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
We may also use and disclose to others the information we gather from you, including your personal information, as follows:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information, and for any purpose to which you consent.
- We may disclose your information to Landstar Affiliates and allow them to use and disclose your information for any Landstar and/or Landstar Affiliates’ business purpose.
- We may employ other companies, services providers and Landstar Affiliates to perform functions on Landstar’s behalf, such as maintaining the Site, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, fulfilling orders for products, services or information, or other functions necessary to our business, and we may disclose your information to these companies so that they can perform their functions for us.
- We may use and disclose your information as we view necessary or prudent to protect our and Landstar Affiliates’ safety, rights and/or property and that of others and other users, to enforce and/or to report abuse or violation of the Site’s governing documents, and in connection with our obligations under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
- We may use and disclose your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or Landstar Affiliates.
- We may use and disclose your information to the extent we believe we are required to do so by law, including to comply with any court order, law or legal process, and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- We may transfer and disclose your information in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of Landstar and/or one Landstar Affiliate, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the information held by Landstar and/or the Landstar Affiliate is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Landstar, our Agents, independent BCOs, intendent third party motor carriers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We will dispose of your information when it is no longer useful for the purposes for which it was provided to us by you.
We may compile statistical and aggregated information about users of the Site and their use of the Site, and we may use, disclose and transfer this information, as well as any information that does not identify an individual, and any Suggestions you provide, for any purpose without restriction.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of information you provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and we hereby disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
With respect to some services we provide customers, we may expressly agree at the time such services are requested to provide different, specific and higher levels of security and data segregation. In addition, in particular circumstances, when you submit certain information to us through this Site, we may agree in connection with such information to provide additional protections to, and restrictions upon our use of, your personal information. For example, if you apply to qualify to join our network as an independent Agent, BCO or approved broker carrier, the application materials may make additional commitments to you as set forth in such materials.
Unfortunately, and for the avoidance of doubt, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of information, including but not limited to personal information provided by you, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
7. Relationship to Other Contracts.
The Site is not directed to or intended to be used by persons under the age of 18, and Landstar does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information through this Site, we will delete this information from our databases.
9. Updating Contact and Personal Information.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
(This Statement of California Privacy Rights was last updated June 1, 2020.)
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Landstar System Holdings, Inc., attn: Corporate Communications, 13410 Sutton Park Drive, South, Jacksonville, FL 32224.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (effective January 1, 2020) (the “CCPA”) grants to consumers residing in California (“California Consumer(s)”) additional privacy rights, when a business collects a California Consumer’s personal information. This Site is not to be used nor intended to be used by individual consumers to purchase consumer products or services. Landstar provides goods and services to businesses in need of shipping and logistics services including facilitating communications and information sharing among Landstar, Landstar Affiliates, brokers, independent sales agents and independent business capacity owners. WE DO NOT COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS OR THEIR HOUSEHOLDS AS DEFINED BY THE CCPA.
If, however, our practices change and we collect personal information from California Consumers, we will provide specific notice in compliance with the CCPA.
If you are a California Consumer and you believe that your personal information was collected by Landstar or a Landstar Affiliate, please contact us about your concerns:
- Contact us by mail: Landstar System Holdings, Inc., attn: Corporate Communications, 13410 Sutton Park Drive, South, Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Contact us via email at email@example.com
12. General Data Protection Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the collection and processing of personal information. If you believe that Landstar or a Landstar Affiliate is collecting personal information under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
In the event you consider our processing or control of your personal information subject to the GDPR and not compliant with an applicable data protection law, you can lodge a complaint:
- Contact us toll-free at 1-800-872-9400;
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Lodging a complaint via email at email@example.com; or
- Filing a complaint directly with the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
13. Contact Us.
By mail: Landstar System Holdings, Inc., attention: Corporate Communications, 13410 Sutton Park Drive, South, Jacksonville, FL 32224
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register a complaint or concern, please contact: email@example.com
CANADA PRIVACY STATEMENT
(This Policy Statement was last updated on June 1, 2020.)
If you are Canadian, this privacy statement may apply to you.
This Statement applies to all personal information received by Landstar from Canada, in any format, including electronic, paper or verbal.
For purposes of this Statement only, the following definitions shall apply:
“Agent” means any party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, Landstar, or as to which Landstar discloses personal information for use on Landstar’s behalf.
“Landstar” means Landstar System Holdings, Inc.
“Personal information” means any personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include information that is anonymized.
3. PRIVACY PRINCIPLES.
CONSENT, COLLECTION AND USE
Landstar identifies the purposes for collecting personal information at or before the time it is collected and informs individuals of the choice and means, if any, Landstar offers individuals for limiting the collection, use or disclosure of their personal information. Landstar will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise these choices.
Landstar will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your informed consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law, or unless otherwise noted in this Statement.
Landstar will only use and/or disclose personal information in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, unless subsequently consented to, or when required or permitted by law.
If Landstar receives personal information from Landstar Affiliates or other entities in Canada, it will use and disclose such information in accordance with the consent received by such entities at the time of collection and the choices made by the individuals to whom such personal information relates.
Landstar will obtain assurances from its Agents and any third party to whom Landstar discloses personal information that such Agent and/or third party will safeguard personal information consistently with this Statement. Landstar will enter into a contract with such Agent and/or third party prior to affecting a transfer of personal information, which contract will provide at least the same level of protection as is required by this Statement and by applicable privacy legislation. Where Landstar has knowledge that an Agent and/or third party is using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this Statement, Landstar will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure of the personal information and/or to obtain the Agent’s and/or third party’s deletion, destruction, anonymization or return of the personal information.
Landstar will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Landstar will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Landstar will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, personal information is retained for so long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, at which point it is deleted, destroyed, returned or otherwise anonymized.
Upon request, Landstar will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition, Landstar will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. These requests can be made by contacting Landstar as provided below.
Landstar will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Statement. Landstar will use contractual or other means to ensure that its Agents provide a comparable level of protection over your personal information while the information is being processed by such parties.
Only employees whose duties require access to personal information are granted such access, and only to the extent necessary. Employees are accountable for ensuring this Statement is followed at all times. Any employee that Landstar determines intentionally violates this Statement will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
4. RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER CONTRACTS.
The terms of this Privacy Statement do not affect or amend the terms of any specific contract(s) you have entered or may enter into with Landstar or Landstar Affiliates, and your and Landstar’s (or Landstar Affiliates’) respective obligations thereunder, except as otherwise expressly set forth in such contract(s).
5. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
This Statement, and the handling of personal information under this Statement, is governed solely by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, to the exclusion of any rules of private international law or conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws.
Landstar is based in the state of Florida in the United States. As a result, personal information may be processed, used, stored or accessed in the United States and may be subject to laws of that jurisdiction. For example, information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in these countries. In particular, information that is processed, used, stored or accessed in the United States may be subject to the Patriot Act and applicable anti-terrorism legislation, together with other legislation applicable within the United States.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to Landstar at the address given below. Landstar will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Statement.
Any claim or cause of action you may have arising from, connected with, or relating to this Statement or to Landstar’s handling of your personal information, or any related matters must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises, after which time the claim or cause of action is forever barred, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION.
Questions, comments or requests related to your use of the Site, regarding this Statement, and Landstar’s information handling policies and procedures should be submitted to Landstar’s Corporate Communications department by mail or e-mail as follows:
By mail: Landstar System Holdings, Inc., attention: Corporate Communications, 13410 Sutton Park Drive, South, Jacksonville, FL 32224
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT.
From time to time, Landstar may modify this Statement and its information handling practices at its sole discretion. You are responsible for checking for revisions to this Statement each time you use the Site and, in any event, agree to be bound to changes to this Statement thirty (30) days after such changes have been introduced. Your use of the Site following any such changes constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Statement, as changed, and to its application to all information gathered before and after its effective date.
MEXICO PRIVACY NOTICE
(This Policy Notice was last updated on June 1, 2020.)
Landstar System Holdings, Inc. (“Landstar”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal data in accordance with the laws of Mexico. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we collect, use and process personal data in numeric, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, acoustic or any other form concerning an identified or identifiable individual (“Personal Data”). The items contained in this Privacy Notice are required by Mexico’s Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties (“Data Protection Law”), its regulation and other applicable provisions.
- Landstar is considered the “Data Controller” pursuant to the Data Protection Law.
- We will not collect financial, property or sensitive data from you without your express consent. Sensitive data is information related with state of health, medical history, impairments, medical requirements, allergies, results of psychometric tests, gender, marital status, bank accounts, records and affiliations.
- When express consent is required, we will provide you with a simple and free-of-charge means of providing express consent.
- If you have a legal relationship with Landstar, your express consent is not required for processing financial, property or other Persona Data as strictly required by for the relationship.
- You may revoke your express consent for the use of your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing sufficient information so that we can comply with your request. In any case, said application must clearly detail the data or purposes for which your consent is revoked.
- The Personal Data collected is minimally necessary to provide you with useful information through access to the Site.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to third parties or outside of Mexico to offer you goods or services in accordance with your use of the Site.
- Your consent is not necessary when transfers are done to Landstar Affiliates, when transfers are necessary to comply with the obligations derived from the relationship with Landstar.
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to corporations or individuals accessing the Site as businessmen and woman and professionals.
- We will retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary to facilitate your use of the Site or services related to the Site.