Don’t hazard a guess with hazmat shipments. While many general commodity carriers have moved away from hauling hazmat for insurance and regulatory reasons, Landstar has moved towards it. Landstar knows the steps to take when it comes to transporting hazardous materials in the safest possible manner.
All owner-operators leased to Landstar are required to maintain hazmat certification, and we enforce stringent compliance requirements that go beyond what state and federal laws require.
Safety comes first, especially with hazmat shipments. That’s why you can trust Landstar to have:
- An understanding of the classes of hazmat and how to transport hazmat loads
- Dedicated and experienced personnel to monitor regulatory changes and assist a shipper with hazmat questions
- The ability and willingness to review and understand a shipper’s product, shipping papers, applicable placarding and first-responder requirements
- Capacity management capabilities to ensure compatibility between shipper, commodity and capacity
- Appropriate insurance levels and coverages applicable to hazmat transportation
Click here to read our white paper – Understanding Hazmat Transportation Management.
For information on shipping hazardous materials, call 877-696-4507.